PUBLICATIONS & DOWNLOADS
The VDDI was founded in Berlin on 24th June 1916. Today the membership of VDDI comprises almost 200 German manufacturers of dental-medical and dental-technical products (DentalPlace). The VDDI is domiciled in Cologne since January 1969.
In the beginning, the main task of VDDI was the organization of the IDS International Dental Show completely on its own (the first Dental Show took place in 1923). Particularly during the last few decades, however, the scope of tasks of VDDI grew more and more and will be further extended in the near future, not least in view of the general and increasing trend toward globalization and the fast development in the area of modern communication technologies.
The commercial enterprise of the Verbandes der Deutschen Dental-Industrie e.V. (VDDI), the GFDI Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Dental-Industrie mbH, organizes the IDS (Internationale Dental-Schau) every two years in Cologne. The world's leading trade fair for the dental industry is organized by Koelnmesse GmbH, Cologne.
A look at milestones, new tasks and valuable partners:
Milestones in the VDDI's history
- 1916 (June 24) Founded as the Verband der Deutschen Dental-Fabrikanten with 34 member companies
- 1923 Organization of the industry trade fair "1. Dental-Schau" by the association
- 1928 Continuation of the trade fair under the current name Internationale Dental-Schau (IDS)
- 1950 (January 13) Re-establishment under the current name Verband der Deutschen Dental-Industrie (Association of the German Dental Industry)
- 1969 relocation of the headquarters to Cologne
Growing tasks in the new millennium
- Keyword "globalization": intensification of the representation of interests by the VDDI on the European and international level
- Keyword "internet support for sales": online sales promotion by the VDDI for the German dental industry
- Keyword "modern means of communication": Extension of the existing PR and public relations work for the interests of the German dental industry
valuable partners from different areas
- Partner associations of dentists, dental technicians and the dental trade
- Initiative proDente („Lust auf schöne und gesunde Zähne“)
- foreign partner associations of the dental industry, such as the Vereinigung der europäischen Dentalindustrie (FIDE) and the Weltverband der Dentalhersteller (IDM)
- The VDDI has always attached particular importance to good cooperation with its partner associations
We about us - Aims and Objectives
The VDDI is the recognized voice of the German dental manufacturing industry.
Its aims and objectives are in particular:
- Representation of the joint interests of the German dental manufacturing companies on the technical and political scale toward ministries, authorities, associations and other organisations both in Germany and abroad
- Promotion of the exchange of opinions and experience between the member companies via working groups - e. g. Export Managers, Marketing/Distribution Inland, Public Relations, Barcode/HIBC, Dental Implants - and Technical Commission
- PR work to promote the interests of the German dental manufacturing industry both nationally and internationally
- Participation in the initiative proDente e. V.
- Information and communication platform for sales promotion for the member companies both nationally and internationally (VDDI DentalPlace)
- Organisation of the IDS International Dental Show German
Pavilions at dental trade exhibitions overseas
- Co-operation with the national and international associations of dentists, dental technicians, dental dealers and dental manufacturers
- Participation in the work of the European (FIDE) and international (IDM) associations of dental manufacturers
(VDDI is a member of FIDE and affiliated to the IDM via FIDE)
- Exerting early influence on technical laws and regulations, in particular in Berlin, Bonn and Brussels
- Participation in national, European and international standardization bodies
- Promotion of research and development in co-operation with scientific institutes
- Compiling and processing statistics, market reports and other market-related information for the member companies
- Organisation of entrepreneur meetings, workshops and seminars
Verband der Deutschen Dental-Industrie e.V. (VDDI)
Aachener Straße 1053 - 1055
50858 Köln (Cologne)
Tel: +49 221 50 06 87 0
Fax: +49 221 50 06 87 21
Approach by car:
BAB A1 exit Köln-Lövenich
Get into the right lane at the exit
directions > Cologne city centre
after approx. 500 m on the right side.
From the main train station, take line S 12 to Köln-Weiden-West, change there to streetcar line 1 to the "Mohnweg" stop.
Or from Cologne main station take the subway lines 12, 14, 16 or 18 two stops to station "Neumarkt", from there take the ground-level streetcar line 1 in the direction of "Weiden" to the "Mohnweg" stop after the stadium.
The office building Aachener Straße 1053-1055 is located directly at the streetcar stop.
Please use the left of the two entrances, you will find us on the 4th floor.
Cab: Central station - VDDI building, time: 20-25 minutes.
Airport: Taxi: Airport - VDDI House, time: approx. 30 minutes.